10 reasons to adopt black cats
- You can always find your black cat in the snow or on any light-colored surface such as your carpet or your floral bedspread.
- Black goes with everything - It's true. You've got your black power suit on, your white cat jumps on your lap, it's all over. But if your black cat wants a little love and affection, no harm was done...Your look is only enhanced!
- Black cats are distantly related to the black panther. Their regal breeding is very apparent: majestic, mysterious, incredibly loving & loyal, intelligent, AND a little piece of the wild for your home and heart!
- A black cat will match any décor. You won't have to redecorate your house to coordinate with your cat. They are totally willing to pose on gold velvet, white velvet, pink velvet, or your sofa cushion to add taste and beauty to any room of your home. They'll perch on the brocade chair; sleep on the rug; curl in the middle of the bed. You name it, they're willing to go to great lengths to help you make your home beautiful. They’re that kind of cat.
- Black is beautiful. There's the deep, auburn shaded black, the blue-black, the black with tiny white highlights here and there, the sleek black, the fluffy black, the black with bunny-soft fur, the black with yellow eyes, the black with green eyes, the black with grey eyes...Well, you get the picture. Black is not just black; there are as many different kinds of black cats as there are cats!
- When you love a black cat, luck is on your side!
- A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. ~ Groucho Marx
- Black cats have more fun. You only thought blondes had more fun. Black cats are fun-loving, playful, full of spark, and energy. They try harder to make up for the image they somehow got as dull and dreary. They're like the sun streaming in a window on a rainy day; like the circus coming to town; they're just plain fantastic.
- Black cats are loving. They go overboard to be as affectionate and loving as any fluffy white, pink-nosed bunny kitty could be, and you get all the other benefits too.
- Love knows no color! Your cat doesn't care what color YOUR hair is!
Female • 5 mos • Black Domestic Shorthair
Eeny, Meeny, Miny, or Moe? Don't let the name fool you, Meeny is anything but mean!! Having come in with her 3 siblings, Meeny is outgoing, adventurous, and playful. Still a bit apprehensive, Meeny has come out of her shell a lot since arriving at the Rescue. Meeny is ready for her furever home TODAY! Schedule your visit with her and find out just how sweet she is.
Female • 5 months • Black Domestic Shorthair
Eeny, Meeny, Miny, or Moe? Moe is a sleek beauty with piercing yellow eyes. Like her 3 siblings, she is somewhat shy but has grown more confident in her short time with us. Moe is playful and loves to perch up high and observe the world around her. Miny is ready for the purrfect family to take her home TODAY. Schedule your visit now and, who knows, you may choose Miny and another of her siblings as well.
Male • 6mos • Domestic Short Hair
Don't let those piercing eyes scare you, Spooks is a lovely guy. Having just arrived with Ween and Boo, he is quickly getting used to attention and affection. He is anything but spooky and will be the perfect cat for your family.
Male • 6mos • Domestic Short Hair
Don't be scared, Boo is a great kitty. He and his brothers, Ween, and Spooks, came to the Rescue a short time ago and want nothing more than to find a furever home. He is gentle, sweet, and affectionate. As a black cat, we think he is super lucky to be with us so we can help him find a new family just in time for Halloween.
Male • 4 mos. • Domestic Shorthair
Edward is a dark, handsome fella who loves attention. Given the chance, he will explore all corners of a room to find that purrfect spot to sit and observe. Toys, treats and pets are his favorite things (besides lounging that is). He does well with other cats at the Rescue and current resides with Lincoln. And what could be better than having Edward to come home to? Having both Edward and Lincoln of course!!