STEPS TO ADOPTION
Steps to Take:
- Please visit the Rescue website to see all of our available animals
- If you see an animal you are interested in please submit an adoption application. Once we have received that application we will review it, and call you to schedule an appointment to come and meet our animals!
- On the application, if you do not have a veterinarian reference, please consider one you may be using.
- Adoption visits may or may not happen on the same day. Adoption approval may take a few days.
On the Day of Adoption:
- If you are adopting a dog, please bring a carrier and/or leash and collar with you to pick up your pet.
- If you are adopting a cat, you will be required to bring a carrier.
- Animals are not deemed adopted until all paperwork has been processed, fees paid, and the animal is released.
2023-2024 Adoption Fees:
Adoption fees vary. See animal profiles for adoption fees.
Adoption Fees Cover the Following:
- Up to date shots/vaccinations for the pet's age
- Heartworm test (dogs over 6 months)
- FIV/FeLeuk test (cats)
- Petlink Microchip
- Includes free vet exam within 2 weeks after adoption. All animals are spayed or neutered before adoption.
Please note there’s no such thing as a “free pet.” Such medical procedures performed by the Rescue would cost well over $300 at an animal hospital.
Toledo Animal Rescue is a no-kill shelter and a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. We depend on your donations in order to rescue more pets from ill fate, as well as care for our current pets. Adoption fees are based on the cost to administer shots, vaccinations, medications, and to spay and neuter rescued pets. We can only help our current pets and future pets when additional donations are made. As a private shelter, Toledo Animal Rescue operates with income provided by adoption fees and donations from the public. We receive no government funding.